The following is a list of the strategic focuses for the international ECG movement as voted by hubs, chapters and delegates of the Delegates Assembly, Stuttgart, 2019. ...
Strategic focuses will make international collaboration easier and will make our activities more effective.
- Chapters, hubs and associations can use the focuses to decide on their priorities, to collaborate on projects and to share best practice (see Next steps below).
- The strategic focuses will give guidance to the International Federation in budgeting and allocating resources.
37 chapters and hubs took part in the voting process. Each voting body allocated numbers 1 - 29 (using each number once) to the list of 29 focuses, with 1 representing the most important. The total votes for each focus are shown in the left hand column. The final ranked position is shown in the right hand column.
You are invited to give examples of what is already happening to achieve each of the focuses on the list in the section Exchange of Best Practices.
Anyone who would like to join the international strategy team in taking this work forward is invited to contact Ralf Wagner firstname.lastname@example.org. The next meeting of this group will be in October 2019.
- Delegates Assembly (DA) in Paris 2017 set up a group to develop an international strategy.
- International strategy group reported back to DA in Lisbon 2018 with suggested ‘fields of activities’. Delegates at Lisbon developed a list of strategic focuses.
- Consultation and feedback from the movement on the strategic focuses at the ECG Summer Week 2018 and through the wiki in December 2018.
- Final list of strategic focuses were ranked in order of importance by chapters and hubs by email and by delegates at the DA in Stuttgart 2019 (the original intention was to have an online voting process by the movement, so this is why the voting was wider than the DA proposal voting).
Overview document and German translation (deutsche Übersetzung)
While working on a German translation, Lutz Dudek has made printable layouts of all focuses.
Lutz Dudek hat eine deutsche Übersetzung der strategischen Schwerpunkte im A4-Format erstellt.