The process of establishing a local chapter begins when a new group sends the application "Application for Creating a new Local Chapter" to International Reception (email@example.com).
To complete the process, the following steps must be completed.
(*The steps marked with * only apply to "active" local chapters.)
- Application checked for completeness and uploaded in the Wiki
(the association the LC is linked to must be listed in the Application as official, "active" LC)
- responsible regional Local Chapter (LC) coordinator is informed, checks application and confirms within 14 days (if confirmation or rejection, or a status report is not received in 14 days, the application is considered approved)
- If an ECG association exists in the LC's country, the LC must be assigned to that association.
(For LCs in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, it is checked in the Backoffice (ECG database) whether the persons listed in the applications are members. This is not done in other countries because the information is not available in the Backoffice. In these cases the application can be approved anyway.)
(Only LCs whose members are in the BackOffice get their own website at ecogood.org.)
- Backoffice updated (define type "regional group", enter data)
- Email to Wolfgang Füreder with name of LC and the information for whom the Backoffice entry should be visible. He creates the LC and International Reception enters the data.
- LC Coordinators can only be added if their entry is present in the Backoffice.
Wolfgang creates LC in the BO.
- Confirmation email and welcome letter sent to local chapter and regional LC coordinator.
(*only for "active" LCs)
active LCs receive their own contact address, which can either be an email distribution list with the coordinators as subscribers OR an email mailbox.
Email distribution list
- Email distribution list (also called mailing list e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) created for LC
- new email distribution list must be confirmed by List-Admin (Vienna office)
- International Reception and owner status
- If the association is not clear, then ask the regional LC Coordinator for clarification.
(*only for "active" LCs)
(*Active* local chapters, in countries without ECG association, where people are not ECG members, do not receive this service.)
- Local chapters added or updated on ecogood.org/en and ecogood.org/de
(If coordinators of existing LCs change, International Reception will make the changes to the BackOffice, the website and the email distribution list.)