In order to receive an ECG Account you have to:
- be a member of an ECG legal body (association). There are in general no exceptions to this rule. Please note: If in your country an association does not yet exist, please contact International Reception (firstname.lastname@example.org) on how to proceed.
- contribute actively to the movement, eg. in a local chapter or hub
- be a natural person. Accounts are not given to organizations or companies as a whole - but staff of member of organizations can get a personal account - given that they actively contribute to the movement in a local chapter or hub. If they leave the organization their account need to be transferred to a personal membership account or is discontinued.
1) Apply via Online-Form
A new online application form is now available in English (and German). Other languages are in the works. Thanks for your patience!
You can use the form if you:
- are a member of an ECG association (individually or your company). Employees of company members must use the manual process (see below) for the time being.
- there must be an entry for you in the international federation member administration system SmartWe (name and date of birth are automatically checked)
As of October 2020 not all countries are fed into the central system yet. Please contact your local membership administrator to inquire, if you are not sure or use the manual process (see below).
- The group you are active in must be entered as the active ECG organizational unit in SmartWe (otherwise it will not be offered for selection).
For some countries this is not yet the case, especially for regional groups or associations in formation. Please us the manual process (the below) in these cases.
If the registration form cannot be used, the below-mentioned manual process will be used.
2) If the Online-Form doesn´t work, this is the manual replacement process
|Read the Rules about using an ECG Account
Read and sign the ECG Privacy Agreement
Print, sign and scan the document. Please save it as a PDF file.
|Send the requested information to your Local Chapter or Hub Coordinator
Please include the following information:
- Name of the ECG Local Chapter or Hub you belong to
- Signed Privacy Agreement (linked above)
- Your private email address
- Proof of your membership in an ECG association/legal body
If you are the coordinator of a Local Chapter or Hub yourself, please send the information to International Reception (for Local Chapters), or to Heidi Kharbhih (for Hubs)
|The coordinator will apply for your ECG Account
The coordinator sends the above listed information to IT-Support
Activate your ECG Account
Within a few days you should receive the following:
- instructions on how to activate your ECG Account
- further onboarding information
If you can't find the email, please check your spam folder.
If you require support for the initial login or any other activity, please contact your coordinator or to IT-support. Please note: currently the IT support speaks German and English.